Sunday, June 6, 2010

Baby Food Genius

Earlier this week I devoted a whole afternoon to making baby food. I have several reasons why I made my own homemade baby food, but it really comes down to the fact that I am incredibly cheap and it pains me to pay for something when I can make it myself for less money. I thought that I would share with you all how much more affordable it is to make your own baby food.
One serving size is the size of a large ice cube.

Carrots- $3.50 made 10 servings= $.35 a serving

Peas- $2.00 made 6 servings= $.33 a serving

Avocado- $3.87 made 7 servings= $.55 a serving

Beef- $2.90 made 8 servings= $.36 a serving

Peaches- $2.76 made 7 servings= $.39 a serving

Potatoes- $.79 made 11 servings= $.07 a serving

I was really surprised by that last one, but 5 lbs of potatoes are $3.99 and I used a pound (prolly even a little less) so my math works out after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment