Monday, July 5, 2010

Make Ahead Appetizers

It seems like recently, everyone has been asking about appetizers so I thought that I would post the menu for a small afternoon get together that I hosted a few months ago. I tend to stress out alot the day of when I host parties, so I like to do as much as I can before hand. I made/prepped everything for this party the night before.
Clockwise from top left:

Cheater Bruschetta- This is my cheap version of bruschetta that everyone loves. I cut up the tomatos and basil the night before and cover it with a dressing then let it marinate overnight in the fridge. About 10 minutes before guests arrive, I cut up the french bread, put on the garlic spread and toast it, then I spoon the tomato mixture and sprinkle a little bit of crumbled feta on top.

Taco Dip- The thing that I love about this dip is that you can make it the night before and it keeps in the fridge great overnight! I just take it out about 1 hour before guests arrive so that it's not really cold, and serve it with tortilla chips.

Potato Skins- This are such a great little treat, and the best thing is that they can be made ahead of time. The night before I cook the potatos in the microwave and scoop out the insides. Then I add the bacon bits and chives and top with shredded cheese. Then I cover it all up and pop in the fridge. About 1/2 hour before guests arrive I take it out and bake in a 350 degree oven. Then pop on a cute platter and serve with sour cream.

Fruit Pizza- I love this dessert, it's so fresh and yummy. It is also is another recipe that you can make the day before. Once again, I also take this out of the fridge about an hour before guests arrive so that it is not too cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment