Saturday, April 17, 2010

Trying Something New

Today I sat down to make my meal plan for the upcoming week. As I started mulling over what I wanted to make, I noticed something. I really only have about 10-13 dishes that I make over and over again. So I have decided to expand my culinary horizons. This week I am going to use a new recipe every night for supper. These dishes will be 100% new, and I am going to try to push the boundaries of my usual "down home" cooking. I went to the library and picked up a few cookbooks, and coupled with the ones that I already own I'm sure that I can get lots of great new meals.

So be sure to check back often, because I am going to post the dish, recipe and my review of the meal every night!

4 comments:

  1. You've inspired me so I hope you don't mind but I have copied your idea onto my blog...once a week I will try a new recipe though...and I have given you the credit for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob, I'm glad that you liked the idea. What is the name of your blog?
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blog address is...http://b2b91810.wordpress.com/ I called it about me the bride to be lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. woot woot! that is awesome Jacylyn! Have you looked at the blog Mennonite girls can cook? http://mennonitegirlscancook.blogspot.com/ they have some really cool recipes there...Starting in May I was going to try at least one recipe from there every week.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete