Sunday, November 15, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

So I am finally back at it after a week from hell! Last friday, my husband tested positive for H1N1, so in an attempt at infection control he was banished to the basement to ride it out. Unfortunatly, despite my best efforts, my baby also caught it. Needless to say, it is a very dangerous illness for a young child to have. My little girl ended up admitted to the hospital in the isolation ward. She was in there for 3 days, 3 of the worst days of my life! We were very lucky that she pulled through it ok, there were other babies there that were not faring as well, it was incrediably sad. I really have to give a shout out tho to all the nurses and doctors who took fabulous care of my little girl (and of a nervous and scared first time mom) they were so nice and compassionate and so very good at their jobs.
So now we are all back home, no more worse for wear. My baby is back to smiling and my husband is almost all better and will be heading back to work soon. I luckily didn't catch H1N1, but I did get a nasty cold which is now a sinus infection. But I am thankful because it could be alot worse! I got lots of stuff to catch up on, the never ending basement cleanup project and I am hosting a baby shower in a few weeks! Gotta get my butt in gear, which is why I should be doing something instead of blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment