Monday, November 2, 2009

I Am So Bad At Titles!

As promised, how to make a pretty flower headband..........

For this little project you will need:

yarn, a crochet hook (or knitting needles), silk flowers, rhinestones, and a hot glue gun.


First thing first, make the headband. I chose to crochet mine, but you can also knit one too. If you can't do either of these thing, then a headband from the dollarstore will work just as well.


Next step is to make the flower. Pull the flower off the stem and pull all the layers apart. This will be really easy because the plastic center will pull off. You can use just one flower, or pull apart 2 or 3 different flower to mix and match colors.


Put a bead of glue on the bottom layer, then add another layer on top of it. Keep repeating this until you have the desired color pattern and size.


To finish off the flower, glue a rhinestone (or several) into the center of the flower.


Now here you can do one of two things. You can glue the flower onto a little hair clip and then clip the flower to the band, but I don't like to do that since the metal can push up against the babies little head. I just go ahead and put a generous amount of hot glue on the band and glue the flower right onto the band. I find that it holds really good.


Here's are a few of the ones that I have made so far........

And of course, on my cute little model....


Similar headbands run anywhere between $14.00 and $20.00 American on Etsy. If you add exchange, duty and shipping that could easily cost $30.00! I bought all the supplies at WalMart or Dollarama for a total of $10.00 and I have enough to do around 10 headbands!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Omg! Those are SO precious! Great job- and your little model is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I might have to make some...that is if I have a girl. And your model does look very cute sporting the headband.

    ReplyDelete