Thursday, November 26, 2009

Motherhood Requirement #1

Today I experienced my first very public meltdown. About 30 mins into my grocery shopping, my baby woke up from her nap in a foul mood and threw a fit of epic proportions! I didn't even know how to deal with it since this is so out of her character. She is normally such a happy and easygoing baby, but this was a true blue hissy fit! She started crying on the top of her lungs and eventually worked her way up to screaming. I swear, everyone in the whole store could hear us. I was debating leaving my cart and just walking out of the store, but I had produce and deli meat in there...not something that they could just put back. I ended up just taking what I had and going thru the checkout, but of course there had to be a huge line! Everyone was staring at us, it was so embarrassing. The worst part of it was all the dirty looks that I was getting were from other moms! It was very suprising since I would have thought that out of all the people there, other women with young children would understand the most! I was starting to get really flustered, holding a screaming baby in one arm and trying to unload my cart onto the belt with my other, all the while feeling the judgement of those mean people when a very kind women stepped up from the back of the line and helped me unload my cart, that is when I finally cracked. I was so embarassed and frustrated and the woman helping me was being so nice that I starting crying myself. Finally I got out of the store, where at least my baby's crying wouldn't bother people as much. The whole experience just ruined my whole day and the worst part is that I was only about 1/2 way thru my list before this all happened, and most of that is food for the baby shower that I am throwing this weekend. Luckily my hubby is amazing and is picking up the rest of my groceries for me on his way home from work. I still have alot to do, so hopefully the rest of the night gets alot better!

No comments:

Post a Comment