Monday, November 30, 2009

So Much Blogging, So Little Time

What a week! To start off....I FINALLY FINISHED THE BASEMENT PROJECT!!!!! Yes, you read that right. After months of procrastination and laziness I finally got off my behind and finished converting the basement from a black hole of junk to a functional crafting area. I got everything set up and moved in and boy it feels good. It's really nice to be able to grab whatever supply that I need and not have to go searching for wherever I stored it. Now I will be able to get cracking on my baby crafts. I have a few new crafty ideas up my sleeve and will be running my finished products past my mommy (and mommy to be!) friends. If they give the thumbs up, I will be one step closer to doing something that I have wanted to do for a long time!

In other news, the baby shower that I have been planning was held this weekend. It was such a success! A good time was had by all and all my little projects turned out awesome! That's all I am going to say here...the shower needs a post all to itself!

On Sunday I hosted a little Grey Cup get together. We cheered on the green and white and indulged in food that was more than just a little bad for us. On the menu was loaded nachos, hot wings, taco dip, fruit, and plenty of rye and coke! To top it all off I made my famous homemade ice cream cake. And here is my Rider rant.......In my opinion the riders won. The A'ls got soooooo lucky, there was no skill involved in their win whatsoever. If they had played better than us and we lost then no hard feelings, they deserved it. But it wasn't skill, it was luck! And for that matter, I wouldn't be too proud of the win if I were them....the Al's were losers for 59 mins and 59 seconds and lucky for 1 second. It was a hard hard loss, but I still love the Riders!!!!

On a sadder note, last friday we lost our mini australian shepard dog Roxie to an accident. Somebody opened the gate to our yard and let our dogs out. Before we could find her, Roxie was hit by a car and killed instantly. We are all very upset, especially our other dog who no longer has a companion. So if you have a dog that you love go and give it a hug and be thankful that you have the time with them. RIP Roxie 2007-2009

So now I am looking ahead in the week to our 3rd Annual Christmas Party. It's going to be a busy week getting ready for it, but I have gotten a reputation for my parties and I have to keep it up! Hubby pulled my Christmas decorations out of the basement for me and I am going to put up my tree. But now I am off to make my shopping list for the party food!

No comments:

Post a Comment