Tuesday, December 1, 2009

OMG, It's Raining Babies!!!!!

AKA a Baby Shower!!!!!! This past Saturday I hosted a baby shower for a good friend of mine who will be having her baby in a month. Everyone had a great time! We played a few games, ate some food and then opened some presents! They don't know what gender the baby will be, so I chose a red, orange and yellow theme. It was inspiration from some pretty ribbon I had bought a few days ago. I didn't want to go the streamers and balloons route for decorating, so I made some Martha Stewart tissue paper pom poms and decorated the living room with them. This pic does not do these things justice, they really add such a fun festive look to the room.


I also made a clothesline banner to hang over the buffet using stencil, cardstock, ribbon and other scrapbooking supplies.



I love love love decorating with fresh flowers, but bouquets can get really expensive. So I tried my hand at making my own flower arrangment. I bought three bunches of flowers and just started playing with them. I think it turned out pretty good and for $20.00 it's way cheaper than having a professional arrange them, plus it turned out to be a HUGE arrangement. I prolly could have got away with only 2 bunches of flowers.



I didn't have too much in the way of decorations, my house is very tiny and if I would have started packing in every decoration I could think of, there would have been no room for the guests!

On the menu was taco dip, two different kinds of mini quiche, a fruit tray, four different kinds of cupcakes and sparkling cider. One of the grandma's to be also kindly brought a container full of her very delicious truffles.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great party Jacylyn...everyone enjoyed themselves and loved your games too! The lovely banner you made is hanging in Hannah's room it makes a wonderful keepsake.

    ReplyDelete