Thursday, December 31, 2009

NYE Ponderings

I went to church last Sunday. Now normally I am not a regular churchgoer, but we were at my in laws and they attend regularly so we decided to go with them. The pastor said a few things that I have been thinking about since then. He was talking about the new year, that instead of making a resolution, that we should be making a new years commitment. He challenged the congregation to work on four different things in the upcoming year, and two of those really stuck with me. He talked about giving up grudges and practicing forgiveness. Now anyone that knows me well knows that I can carry one hell of a grudge.....I have been known to be mad for years. It's not a nice fault to admit, but it is true. I have experienced so much this year and looking at how fast my daughter is growing I realize that life is too short and goes much too fast to waste time carrying grudges.

So this is my Commitment for 2010......
To give up all my grudges
To forgive all the people whom I carried grudges against
To practice forgiveness
To realize that I too have faults and not hold others against them
To forgive myself for my faults

No comments:

Post a Comment