Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blogging Out Of Boredom

Hubby and Brother In Law have hijacked the tv to play video games and I am soooooo bored. I really shouldn't be bored, I have a huge pile of dishes to do and my house is trashed, but alas I am lazy and bored. This weekend I hosted my 3rd Annual Christmas Dinner Party. You would think that I would be sick of hosting parties after the baby shower and grey cup getogether, but I really love to throw a good shindig and apparently I now have a reputation to uphold! I decided to do an appetizers, cocktails, dinner and dessert format again this year. The menu for the appetizers were stuffed mushrooms, mini quiche, a cheese ball, a shrimp ring, spankopita and veggie quesadillas. Every year I create a new drink for the cocktail. I wanted something easy and freezie this time around so I made a slush that I call Cuban Crazy Punch. It was a huge hit! For dinner I served garlic and pepper roast, yellow potatoes, dream salad, fresh buns and a lettuce/spinach salad that I concoted myself. This was all topped off by two big trays of my christmas baking. We all had such a great time visiting, hanging out and eating! And of course, what is a dinner party without a little Rockband after!

I would love to show you all the pictures of the night, but hubby took the batteries out of my camera to power his guitar for rockband. By time I found out, the guitar was already in a death grip in his bands.....needless to say I was not getting my batteries back anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment