Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holiday Recipe Exchange

I am all set for Christmas! All the presents are bought and wrapped and all my decorations are hung with care, but the biggest accomplishment is having all my baking done! This year I decided to scale back and bit so I didn't make some of my usual treats, but I also tried some new recipes. Some are definatly going into my rotation, but some were dismal failures. The treats that I made this year were:
Rolo Cookies
Black Bottom Cupcakes
Caramel Pecan Clusters
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Drops
Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Caramel Truffles
Toffee Marshmallows


My favorite treat out of all of them is by far the Rolo Cookie, so I am going to share the recipe with you.

Rolo Cookies

1 cup margarine (softened)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
7 packages Rolo

Combine all ingredients and mix dough. Place rolo in the middle of a piece of dough and roll into a ball. (I use my Pampered Chef small cookie dropper and push the rolo into the middle of it then roll it into a ball in my hands, it creates the perfect size) Roll the cookie in white sugar until coated. Bake in a 375 oven for 7 minutes. Leave on the pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.


What is your favorite holiday treat? Email me the recipe jacylynvancuren@yahoo.ca (also add the name of your blog if you have one) and I will put them all in a big post and link your recipe to your blog. Of course you don't need to have a blog to share a recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment