Wednesday, December 16, 2009

This Weeks Meals

Here's the update on my attempt to living on a budget. This week I got the flyer from Sobeys and planned my meals for the week around what was on sale. My meal plan for Dec 14- Dec 19 is.....

Monday: Veggie Quesadillas

Tuesday: Fish and Chips

Wednesday: Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

Thursday: Out of town

Friday: Minute Steak with Baked Potatoes and Peaches and Cream Corn

Saturday: My Hubby's Christmas Party

So as you can see, I didn't have to cook two days this week. As I said in an earlier post, my grocery jar has $92.31 for the week and I only had to spend $42.27! So that means a little extra to put back into savings! I have decided that all the money that I manage to save from the grocery jar I am going to save to buy the stand mixer that I have wanted desperately for the longest time ever!

I am off to a good start, lets see if I can keep it going!!!!!

I have been getting alot of good frugal tips from another blog that I follow Frugally Yours. This girl has tons of great ideas for living on less, so go check it out!

1 comment:

  1. What is minute steak Jacylyn? I am very interested in hearing this one! Sounds good!!!

    ReplyDelete