Friday, October 30, 2009

I Am One Crafty Biotch

I saw the cutest little baby in the mall the other day with a little knitted headband with a big flower attached, I know it sounds stupid but it looks absolutly adorable! I had to have one for my little girl, so off I went to Etsy.com. Unfortuatly, I had a hard time getting my husband as excited about it as I was. Let's just say he was less than impressed that I wanted to pay $14.00 american plus S&H for a little headband. I started to see it his way, after paying the exchange rate, duty, and the shipping and handling to Canada, that little headband would prolly cost around $30.00!!!!! So I started thinking, I know how to crochet and I'm sure that they would not be hard to make myself. I dug out all my old crafting supplies and got busy. I was suprised that it only took me about and hour and a half to make! I'm pretty happy with how it came out, for my first try. The only bad part is that I overestimated the size of my baby's head and made it too big. The flower that I used was a pink daisy, but it's also way to big for my little girl. I am currently working on a second attempt with a smaller headband and flower.

If anyone else want's to give this a try, I will post pictures and instructions of what I did.

And of course, some pics of my efforts on my cute little model!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment