Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Weeks Worth of Thoughts

I'm back home after spending a week at my parents. Last Monday I packed up baby and made the 5 hour drive to spend some time down in my hometown. It....Was.....HEAVEN!!!! Everyone loves taking care of the baby, it makes my life soooooo much easier. When she fussed or needed to be fed, my mom or dad would be doing it before I could even make it downstairs. The help was such a nice change.

While I was down at Mom and Dad's, my little sister and I hosted a Norwex party, and did we ever clean up! We were really lucky to have enough sales to get a bunch of hostess gifts, which is awesome because their products are little too pricey for us right now, with our reduced income while I'm on mat leave. If you have never heard of Norwex (http://www.norwex.ca/) before it's a company that sells chemical free cleaning and personal care products. It's good for someone like me who is allergic to everything and can't stand the smell of all the chemicals that are used for cleaning.

So on Saturday, when I was making the (boring) 5 hour drive back to my house, I came up with my latest project......cleaning up the basement. For the last 3 years, the basement has been collecting clutter and getting worse and worse. Hubby has been after me for the last few months to get rid of all the stuff down there, but I just couldn't part with it. So we woke up bright and early today and loaded all the stuff into the SUV before I lost my resolve. I have to admit, while driving down to the Value Village to donate all of my things, I started to feel a little anxious and almost asked hubby to turn around. However, now that everything is gone I feel like a huge weight has been lifted! There is so much room in the basement now that I have decided to set up my long desired sewing area. Sewing is the one domestic skill that I would like to improve. And it would be nice to move all my sewing/craft paraphenalia out of my closet and give it a permanant home.

No comments:

Post a Comment