Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ask and You Shall Recieve......

Somebody requested that I post the recipes for my Honey Garlic Stir fry and Chicken Lasagna from my meal plan this week. The Chicken Lasagna is a new recipe that I haven't tried yet, so I am will post it after I give it a try this week, but in the meantime here is the other recipe
.

Honey Garlic Stir fry

SAUCE
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 2 tbls. corn starch
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3 tbls. soya sauce
  • 1 tbls. honey
  • 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or 2 tbls. garlic powder
Directions
  1. Combine sugar with corn starch, and garlic powder if using it.
  2. Add water, soya sauce, honey and fresh garlic, if using fresh.
  3. Bring to a boil stirring constantly, and allow to thicken.



  4. Prepare sauce according to directions, and set aside
    Cook stir fry vegetables ( I use a frozen mix but you can use fresh) in a wok ( or large frying pan) until done for your taste
    Pour sauce over the vegetables and let simmer for a few minutes
    Serve on a bed of white rice

    Enjoy!

1 comment: