Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Breaking The Cycle

In light of my wild 1 day long fitness binge, I have decided to give up my number one, most loved bad thing in the whole world. I have decided to break my addiction to coke. No, not that kind of coke....I can't afford that ;) Just regular Coca-Cola. I love coke, I love everything about it. I love how it makes that sound when you take off the cap. I love how it's soooo fizzy on your tongue. I love how it tastes. Hell, I even love how it looks! But what I love the most is a cold coke on a hot day. Now, I am pretty sure that love like that should be reserved for ones children or spouse. And combine that with the fact that I could easily consume 5-6 coke in a day. Obviously it's time to break the habit!

Today is day 5 of my coke free life. Agony is the only way I can describe it. I find myself dreaming of a tall, cold coke. Seriously, I had an easier time quitting smoking. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and on my way to get salsa I had to go down the pop aisle. My pulse actually quickened when I saw that red box. I was so tempted to buy just one last case, but I am proud to say that I resisted temptation and walked right on past. Hopefully it will get easier as time passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment